Tuesday 10 March 2009

My Expectations of You

Hi Class,

As discussed on the first day, here is what I expect of you in this class:

Speak English in class!

This is an English conversation class. Class time is your chance to practise English. There are two speaking tests in this course.

I will ask you different questions in the speaking test. I want you to make three points.

Example: What's the strangest food you have ever eaten?
1) The strangest food I have ever eaten is snake meat.- I ate it with my family when we were on vacation in China.
2) We ordered it in a restaurant.- I ate it because I was curious.
3) Also my father had eaten it before and he said it was delicious.- It tasted like chicken, but a little saltier. I thought it was delicious too!

I will give you lots of time to practice speaking. During this time try to practise making three points. I will help you do these things.

Participate!

Participation is 10% of your final grade. Participation in my class means concentrating, trying your best to speak English, working in groups during class and bringing your books! Do your homework! Again, this is 10% of your final grade.

If you can't print your Smart Choice scoreboard then you can make a screenshot and email me at erinasmith@gmail.com

Don't be late!

Attendance is another 10% of your grade. As the syllabus says, 1 point will be deducted for each absence. If you miss more than 4 classes, you will receive a failing grade. If you are more than 30 minutes late, you will be marked absent. Three lates will equal one absence.

Please don't come back late to class after after breaks and don't leave class early either.

Have fun and learn!

I think it's easier to learn English if we enjoy class. I want to make a relaxed classroom where you all feel confident to speak. Just be respectful of others. I also think it is a good idea to take notes in class.

Of course you can use electronic dictionaries, but if you need to use your cell-phone urgently, then please do it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment